· Lots of socks (blister socks can be helpful—they are a double knit synthetic material)
· Towels for the dorm and the gym
· Water bottle/sports drinks
· Rain gear (sometimes we practice in the rain)
· Bathing suit
· Sweat clothes or tracksuit (sometimes it gets chilly)
· Shirts/shorts (several since you may need to change several times a day)
· Flip-flops or sandals (good for airing the feet)
· Newer Running shoes, not old street-sneakers
· Inexpensive watch that has a timer-example: CVS has for $10-$12
Boarders should also bring:
· Pillow and pillowcase
· Money (for clothes washing and incidental expenses)
Every session will meet regardless of the weather. If in doubt as to where to go, check the board in Marshall Center. Athletes are expected to eat all meals in the dining hall. Breakfast is served from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. Lunch is served from 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and dinner is served from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
ALL PARTICIPANTS IN PRESEASON MUST BE VACCINATED IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN PRESEASON!
2022 XC Preseason daily schedule
Here is the schedule for Monday, August 15th, and the following days... times may be adjusted.
Monday, August 15 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. – Check-in at Marshall Center 10:30 to 11:00 a.m. – Team meeting 11:00a.m. - Run 11:45 to1:15p.m. - Lunch 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. – Shakeout run 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. – Dinner 6:15 to 6:45 p.m. - All teams meeting in the FAC - WELCOME!
Tuesday, Aug 16th- Aug, 26th
7:15-9:30 - Breakfast
9:00 - team meeting
9-11:00 - morning run ( varying lengths of time )
11-12:15 - FAC workout/Pool
11:45-1:15 - Lunch
1:30-5:30 - downtime, team building, 2nd run
5:30 - 6:30 - Dinner
The cross country schedule for the second week of camp will be altered slightly from the first week because of student & faculty obligations.